- You might need to clear your cache on Hulu to improve its performance if you’re having issues.
- Depending on how you’re watching Hulu, there might be a specific cache just for the Hulu app, or, if you’re watching in a browser, Hulu might share the same cache for all your online activities.
- If there’s no option to clear a cache for your device, such as on iOS, you can uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Hulu’s video streaming service usually works smoothly and error-free, though you might occasionally encounter situations in which it misbehaves. You might see error messages, or video might not stream smoothly even though there are no problems with your internet access.
Clearing Hulu’s temporary file cache on the device you’re using may solve the problem. For web browsers, you simply need to clear the cache of the browser you’re using. On a mobile device, though, you can clear the app’s cache or uninstall and reinstall the app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to clear the cache on Hulu using Chrome
1. Click the three-dot menu at the top right of your Chrome screen.
2. In the menu, click “More tools” and then “Clear browsing data…”
3. In the “Time range” drop-down menu, choose “All time,” and then make sure the checkbox for “Cached images and files” is selected. Then click “Clear data.”
How to clear the cache on Hulu using Firefox
1. Click the “History and Saved Bookmarks” menu button, which looks like a set of books.
2. Click “History” and then “Clear Recent History…”
3. In the “Clear Recent History” window, set the time range to “Everything” and make sure “Cache” is checked. Then click “OK.”
How to clear the cache on Hulu using Safari
1. In the menu bar, click “Safari.”
2. Select “Preferences.”
3. Click “Privacy” from the tabs across the top and then choose “Manage Website Data…”
4. Select “Remove All.”
How to clear the cache on Hulu using an iOS device
On an iOS device, you need to delete the Hulu app to reset its cache. If you have an iPhone or iPad, delete the app using the technique explained in How to uninstall apps on your iPhone. If you have an Apple TV, delete the app following the instructions in How to delete apps on an Apple TV, or hide them.
After removing the app, reinstall it from the App Store and log back into your account.
How to clear the cache on Hulu using Android
The exact process to get to the cache settings may vary a bit depending on which Android phone you’re using, but in general, you can follow these steps:
1. Start the Settings app.
2. Tap “Apps.” Then scroll down until you see Hulu and tap it.
3. Tap “Storage” and then tap “Clear cache” at the bottom of the screen.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
View original article here Source