- While you can’t remove a gift card from Amazon, you can remove a gift card issued by other companies, such as Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
- The process to remove a gift card from major credit card companies is the same as you would remove a credit or debit card.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Like many online shopping sites, Amazon.com allows you to pay for purchases with gift cards as well as credit and debit cards.
However, Amazon-branded gift cards unfortunately can’t be removed from your Amazon.com account once you’ve redeemed them.
Gift cards issued by companies such as Visa, Mastercard or Discover, on the other hand, can be removed in a similar fashion to credit or debit cards.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to remove a gift card from Amazon
1. Go to Amazon.com in a web browser on your Mac or PC and log in to your account.
2. Toward the top of the screen, to the right of the search bar, click on “Account & Lists.”
3. On the drop-down menu, click on “Your Account.”
4. On the next screen, scroll down and click on “Payment options” in the far-left column.
5. You will be taken to a page that shows all of the saved payment methods you use to make purchases on Amazon. Locate the payment method (in this case, a gift card) that you want to remove, and click on the downward arrow next to it to open a drop-down menu.
6. On the drop-down menu that opens, click on the button labeled “Remove.”
7. In the pop-up window, click on the button labeled “Confirm remove.”
View original article here Source