- You can track most Etsy orders through the Etsy website or mobile app.
- Not all Etsy sellers provide tracking information, and they’re not required to give you that information unless they’ve stated they would beforehand.
- If you don’t have an Etsy account, you still might receive an email with tracking information.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Once you finally manage to find the elusive vintage necklace you’ve been hunting for on Etsy, it’s only natural that you’ll want to get your order ASAP.
Luckily, both the Etsy website and mobile app allow you to track orders you make through your account. However, there are a few caveats.
First of all, unless they specifically state that they’ll give you a tracking number, Etsy sellers don’t have to give you tracking information. Etsy will always tell you when the order is shipped, but you won’t necessarily be given a tracking number to view its shipping progress. This means that if there’s a delay, you’ll need to contact the seller directly.
Secondly, if you don’t have an Etsy account, you can’t use the website or app for tracking. You’ll instead need to look out for a shipment email.
How to track your Etsy order via the website
1. Visit the Etsy website and sign into your account by clicking the “Sign in” button in the top-right.
2. Once logged in, click on your user icon in the top-right — it’ll be labeled “You” — and then select “Purchases and Reviews.”
3. Next to the purchased item you want to track, look for the “Track Package” option. If it’s not there, but your item has been marked as shipped, it means that the seller isn’t providing tracking numbers.
How to track your Etsy order via the app
1. Open the Etsy app and make sure that you’re logged into your account.
2. Tap “You” in the bottom toolbar, then tap “Purchases & Reviews.”
3. Scroll down until you find the item you want to track, then look for the shipment status to the right of the store’s name. If it’s available, you’ll see a “Track package” option — tap this to get the tracking information. If it’s not there, the seller isn’t providing a tracking number.
How to track your Etsy order as a guest
If you checked out on Etsy as a guest and don’t have an account, keep an eye on your email for a shipment notice.
You’ll almost always be told when the item ships. And if the seller provides more detailed tracking information, it’ll also be in this email.
View original article here Source