- You can turn off most Sonos speakers by disconnecting their power cord.
- If you have a battery-powered Sonos Move, however, you’ll have to press and hold its power button instead.
- You may want to turn off your Sonos speaker if you don’t plan on using it for a while, or you want to transport it.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
To turn off your Sonos speaker you’ll need to disconnect the power cord or use the power button, depending on your device.
You might want to turn off your Sonos devices if you’re no longer using them to stream music. This may be especially true if you won’t be using them for a long time — like if you’re moving apartments or going on vacation.
Here’s how to turn off your Sonos speaker, no matter what model it is.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn of Sonos products with just a power cable
Most Sonos products use a simple power cable and remain plugged into a wall outlet. To turn the speaker off, disconnect the power plug.
Any lights on the top of the speaker will turn off. If you try to press the play button, the speaker won’t respond.
How to turn off the battery-powered Sonos Move
In addition to corded products, Sonos does offer the Sonos Move — a portable, battery-powered speaker. This is the only Sonos speaker that includes a power button to turn the speaker on and off.
1. On the back of the speaker, you’ll find a button labeled with a power symbol.
2. Press and hold this button for about five seconds.
3. The Sonos Move will make a chime sound and the LED buttons will turn off. When no lights appear, your speaker has been successfully turned off.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
View original article here Source