- You can uninvite someone from a Facebook event as long as you’re the host of the event.
- If you do uninvite someone, they won’t get any notifications about the event anymore, and the action can’t be undone.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Uninviting someone from an event can be an awkward or charged situation no matter what the reason or how you do it. Maybe you invited the guests by accident, or maybe you had a fight with them or they did something rude — but no matter what the reason, the actual act of uninviting them can be a little less awkward if you do it on Facebook.
You have to be the host of the event to uninvite someone, and they won’t get any notification that you did so — so if they already accepted and know when and where it is, you’re still going to have to tell them they’re not welcome. However, they won’t be able to see the event page anymore, so if they don’t have the info or didn’t RSVP yet, you’re good to go.
You should also note that this action is final — once you uninvite someone, you can’t reinvite them.
So, if you still want to proceed, here’s how to uninvite someone from a Facebook event.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to uninvite someone from a Facebook event on a computer
2. Click on the “Going, Maybe, Invited” link
3. Find the name of the person you want to uninvite, and click the “X” next to it to remove the person from the event.
How to uninvite someone from a Facebook event on a mobile device
1. Open the event page in your Facebook mobile app.
2. Tap the “Responses” field.
3. Next to the name of the person you want to uninvite, tap the pencil icon.
4. At the top of the pop-up menu, tap “Remove from event.”
View original article here Source