When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Hulu + Live TV offers over 65 live channels including CBS, Food Network, ESPN, and Disney, plus Hulu’s entire streaming catalog, starting at $54.99 a month.
- Upgrade to Hulu Premium + Live TV for only $6 more a month to experience Hulu’s streaming catalog ad-free.
- It comes with the ability to record live TV to stream on-demand with up to 50 hours of storage at no additional cost.
- Read more: A complete price breakdown for Hulu and Hulu Live TV packages
Hulu + Live TV recently saved my life. Well, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but it definitely saved my Shark Week. Shark Week is a huge deal in my house. My partner and I dedicate our whole week to observing these majestic creatures in their natural habitats and cheering on the brave and dedicated scientists, researchers, and divers who make it all possible. This year was to be no different. But we’d recently moved apartments and switched cable providers, so when I went to turn on Discovery moments before the first episode of Shark Week 2019 was set to begin, I was stunned to learn the channel didn’t come with our cable package. It always had before, so I didn’t think to check beforehand. Now Shark Week was moments away, the popcorn was already popped, and I was at a loss.
I needed something that would get me access to the Discovery Channel and my beautiful breaching apex predators instantly. I thought about finding an illegal stream online, but those were unreliable … and illegal, so I thought better of it. I thought about calling my cable provider and upgrading to a package that included Discovery, but that would’ve made my cable bill skyrocket. And then I remembered Hulu has a Live TV add-on, and I was thrilled to see the Discovery logo prominently displayed on their channel list. I already had a Hulu Premium subscription and the app was installed on my smart TV, so all I had to do was click into my account settings and toggle on the Hulu + Live TV option. Within seconds, we were blissfully watching great whites hunt robo-seals. It was that easy.
Hulu + Live TV is a great option if you’re looking into cord-cutting thanks to the sheer volume of content you gain access to. Plus you can record TV to watch later, DVR-style, so you don’t have to worry about catching your shows as they air live. We used this option to make sure we didn’t miss a single sharky moment.
Updated on 7/22/2020 by Steven Cohen: Added steps for how to sign up for Hulu + Live TV with the Disney Plus and ESPN+ bundle.
How much does Hulu + Live TV cost?
With Hulu + Live TV, you first and foremost, gain access to Hulu’s entire streaming catalog — all the shows, movies, and Hulu originals that you get with a normal Hulu subscription are yours to enjoy. If you can tolerate ads interrupting your on-demand streams, Hulu Basic + Live TV will set you back $54.99 a month after the free one-week trial. If you want to upgrade to the ad-free Hulu Premium service, you’ll pay $60.99 a month — still much less than the average $107 a month people spend on cable. You’ll always have to sit through ads during your live TV stream, however. After all, it’s live TV, and there are commercials.
Free with Hulu + Live TV is up to 50 hours of storage so you can record your favorite shows to watch them later. You can also rewind shows that have already started back to the beginning so you don’t have to worry about rushing home to catch the first five minutes of the new episode of “The Bachelor.” If 50 hours doesn’t seem like enough, because you want to horde the entire new season of “Real Housewives” and your roommate wants to record every Crimson Tide football game, you can upgrade to 200 hours of DVR storage for an additional $9.99 a month.
You can also add on premium channels like HBO Max ($14.99 per month), Showtime ($10.99 per month), Cinemax ($9.99 per month), and Starz ($8.99 per month) for additional monthly charges. Hulu + Live TV also offers add-on packages that include additional entertainment channels ($7.99 per month), and Spanish-language channels ($4.99 per month).
What channels come with Hulu + Live TV?
Discovery is just one of the more than 65 channels that come with Hulu + Live TV.
You’ll gain access to networks like ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC, so you can keep up with your favorite sitcoms and news programs. Also included are lifestyle channels like TLC, HGTV, and Food Network.
And if you’ve somehow missed Hulu’s ubiquitous ad campaign: Hulu has live sports. Channels like ESPN, NBCSN, and the SEC Network are at your disposal so you’ll never miss a kick-off, or tip-off, or puck drop ever again.
They offer local channels as well, so be sure to enter your zip code to see what else you’ll get based on your geographic location. The full list is far too long to include here, so check out Hulu’s website to make sure all your favorites are included. They’re listed in alphabetical order to help you quickly find what you’re looking for.
How do I sign up for Hulu + Live TV?
If you’re not already subscribed to one of Hulu’s on-demand plans, signing up for Hulu + Live TV is a simple process. Here’s a rundown of how to sign up:
- Visit the Hulu + Live TV website.
- Click on the link that says “Start Your Free Trial.”
- Enter your information to create an account.
- Provide a credit card number or use a PayPal account for payment.
- You will receive a free seven-day trial.
- After the trial, you will be billed the regular $54.99 monthly fee.
If you’re already an existing subscriber to one of Hulu’s on-demand plans, upgrading to the Hulu + Live TV service is also very simple.
- Visit the Hulu website and log in to your account.
- Hover over the account icon at the top right of the page.
- Click on “Account.”
- Select the “Manage Plan” option.
- Choose the Hulu + Live TV plan.
Can I get Hulu + Live TV with the Disney Plus and ESPN+ bundle?
The Hulu Basic service is available as part of a discounted bundle with Disney Plus and ESPN+ for $12.99 a month. Though the version of Hulu included with this bundle is the ad-supported on-demand plan, there is a way to sign up for Hulu + Live TV and still take advantage of the bundle savings.
- Sign up for Hulu + Live TV ($54.99/month).
- Navigate to the “Manage Your Account” section on the Hulu website.
- Select “Manage Plan.”
- Choose the Disney Bundle with Hulu + Live TV ($61.99/month) or the Disney Bundle with Premium Hulu + Live TV ($67.99/month).
- Make sure to use the same email address you use for your Hulu account when you activate the Disney Plus bundle.
- You will have new Disney Plus and ESPN+ accounts but will continue to be billed separately for your Hulu + Live TV subscription.
- Every month, Disney will credit you $5.99, which is the value of the ad-supported Hulu in the original bundle.
- You will end up saving about $5 per month with the bundle versus paying for each service separately.
What devices can I stream Hulu + Live TV on?
Most smart TVs come with the Hulu app already installed, so once you sign up online or modify your account to add the Live TV package, you’ll be able to stream instantly through your Hulu app. Check out our recommendations for the best 4K Smart TVs if you’re looking to make the switch. It’s incredibly convenient to be able to watch Hulu and other streaming services without any additional hardware or plugins.
View original article here Source