When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- UFC 248 will be streamed exclusively through the ESPN+ streaming service on March 7, with the early preliminary rounds set for 6:15 p.m. ET, and the main card matches set to start at 10 p.m. ET.
- The PPV event costs $64.99 for new and existing ESPN+ subscribers with a monthly plan.
- Members who sign up for a year-long ESPN+ subscription can receive a special bundle with UFC 248 for a total price of $84.98.
- After unifying the middleweight title at UFC 243, Nigerian-born Israel Adesanya hopes to retain his undefeated status against the Cuban-born Yoel Romero during the main card UFC 248 match.
- Adesanya is the first UFC champion from Nigeria and is one of only two remaining undefeated champions in the sport. Romero is a former Olympic medal-winning wrestler who is hoping to bounce back after two consecutive losses.
As one of only two remaining undefeated champions, alongside the Russian phenom Khabib Nurmagomedov, Israel Adesanya has the opportunity to cement himself as one of the best fighters in the sport during UFC 248. Adesanya will be facing off against Yoel Romero, the former world champion and Olympic silver medal-winning wrestler who is currently the third-ranked fighter in the UFC’s middleweight division.
Romero, who is coming off two unsuccessful title challenges against Robert Whittaker and Paulo Costa, is currently the third-ranked fighter in the middleweight division. Adesanya’s record sits at 18-0, after defeating Whittaker in his last fight.
The other notable matchup of the evening takes place in the women’s strawweight division between Zhang Weili and Joanna Jedrzejczyk. Weili, who made history becoming the first Chinese-born champion in the UFC, has come out on top in her last 20 fights, and Saturday’s fight against Jedrzejczyk is her first chance to defend her current title. Meanwhile, Jedrzejczyk hopes to make history herself on Saturday, as a win would make her the first two-time strawweight champion.
Here’s the entire list of fights happening at UFC 248
Early Prelims (Airing on ESPN+, starting at 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Emily Whitmire vs Polyana Viana
- Douglas Silva De Andrade vs Movsar Evloev
- Danaa Batgerel vs Guido Cannetti
Prelims (Airing on ESPN, starting at 8 p.m. ET)
- Sean O’Malley vs Jose Quinonez
- Mark Madsen vs Austin Hubbard
- Rodolfo Vieira vs Saparbeg Safarov
- Gerald Meerschaert vs Deron Winn
Main Card (Airing on ESPN+, starting at 10 p.m. ET)
- Israel Adesanya vs Yoel Romero
- Weili Zhang vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk
- Beneil Dariush vs Drakkar Klose
- Neil Magny vs Li Jingliang
- Alex Oliveira vs Max Griffin
The main card for UFC 248 is being aired exclusively through the ESPN+ UFC PPV platform on March 7, meaning that you have to purchase the event in addition to being a subscriber to the ESPN+ sports-streaming service.
You can access the ESPN+ app on all major mobile and connected TV devices, including Amazon Fire, Apple, Android, Chromecast, PS4, Xbox One, Roku, Samsung Smart TVs, and more.
There are a few different options available to fans looking to purchase the UFC 248 PPV fight.
If you’re a new subscriber, you can sign up for a seven-day free trial of ESPN+ and then purchase the event for $64.99. An ESPN+ membership costs $4.99 per month after the free trial ends. If you already have an ESPN+ subscription, the event has the same $64.99 price tag.
ESPN+ is also offering a bundle for new subscribers who purchase a year-long subscription that includes UFC 248 for $84.98 total — which is over 25% off the standard price.
View original article here Source