- McDonald’s launched spicy chicken McNuggets on Wednesday in their first new McNugget product launch since the original one in 1983.
- The fried chicken market is hot right now, and McDonald’s is looking to cash in on America’s appetite for fried chicken.
- But there’s a reigning champion of spicy nuggets: Wendy’s, which brought back its spicy nuggets last year after overwhelming fan demand.
- I compared McDonald’s new spicy nuggets against Wendy’s classic spicy nuggets, and found that Wendy’s beat out McDonald’s on every metric, including spice, flavor, and price.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
On Wednesday, McDonald’s released its first new chicken nugget since the launch of the original chicken McNugget in 1983: the spicy chicken McNugget.
It’s bad times all around for the food industry. But fast food is doing alright, and fried chicken is hot hot hot — business at Popeyes and Wingstop has been popping, and Taco Bell is even testing chicken wings at one California restaurant.
So it’s no wonder that McDonald’s wants to up its chicken game at a time when the stakes are so high. But there’s already a spicy chicken nugget favorite on the market: Wendy’s. The latter brought back its spicy nuggets after overwhelming fan demand last year, and didn’t miss the chance to mock its rival on Twitter after McDonald’s announced it would launch spicy nuggets.
“Must have scraped up all of BKs leftovers and slapped mcprice on it,” Wendy’s Twitter account posted on August 26.
Not even a pandemic and a crippling existential crisis can keep this omnivore from pitting two fast-food items against each other. I hopped on my e-scooter and zoomed my way to the nearest McDonald’s and Wendy’s to compare their spicy chicken nuggets.
View original article here Source