- Red Lobster is offering a limited-release of its “Dewgarita” at select restaurants this month. The seafood chain promises a wide-release by the end of the year.
- The alcoholic Mountain Dew drink is taking the internet by storm as people gawk at the nuclear-colored concoction.
- I tried the new margarita and was disappointed by its lack of Mountain Dew and overall flavor.
- Many food chains are debuting bizarre creations that they hope will lure customers in, but I think they’ll have to try a little bit harder to make something actually good if they want them to keep coming back.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
In a collaboration that puts even the weirdest cafeteria dare to shame, Pepsi and Red Lobster are rolling out a new drink known as the “Dewgarita.”
The green, alcoholic concoction is one part Mountain Dew, one part tequila, but mostly, it’s a head-scratching viral talker that has piqued the curiosities of millennial social media.
As the seafood chain endures its “most challenging time,” due to mandatory shutdowns and limited dine-in services, the company is exploring “strategic options” as it tries to keep its doors open despite sale losses, according to FSR Magazine.
It appears the absurd, $10 Mountain Dew and margarita mixture may be a move to boost foot traffic as restaurants nationwide rely on alcohol sales and the growing popularity of to-go cocktails to supplement their losses.
I ventured to my nearest Red Lobster to see if the Dewgarita is worth the shock-value hype.
View original article here Source