The blog post with the news doesn’t offer many details (and zero images) for the new device. Sony did say that it is not coming out this year. It will also connect to the PS5 with a single cord, which is a big improvement over the mess of wires that PSVR needs to work on the PS4.
“One of the innovations we’re excited about is our new VR controller, which will incorporate some of the key features found in the DualSense wireless controller, along with a focus on great ergonomics,” PlayStation vice president of platform planning and management Hideaki Nishino notes. The new headset will also feature improved resolution, tracking, and field of view.
PSVR launched in 2016 and sold over 5 million headsets. With the early success of PS5, this new VR device could be even more popular.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties
View original article here Source